DPCs, lintel and cavity tray installations require weeps to discharge collected water from the building fabric. Ventilating of wall cavities, and enveloped construction is also necessary to avoid interstitial condensation.
Type W Caviweeps/Cavivents ensure water is removed from the building whilst also encouraging the wall to breathe. Being dual-functioned, the Type W takes advantage of the pressure differentials which exist in and out of the cavity. This aids evacuation of cavity humid air. The NHBC standards (4.4c.111) advise that the cavity below DPC level and at eaves and verge level should be ventilated. This requirement is fulfilled using Type W weepvents.
Dual-purpose perp weepvent.
- Standard size 105/115mm x 65mm x 10mm plus lockfit wedges.
- Standard Type W provides 320mm2 free air space.
- BS polypropylene.
- Available in grey, black, beige, brown, terracotta, white and clear.
IntroductionThe new Type V Contract Closer provides an economical way of closing cavity wall reveals. Manufactured from PVCU, the Type V is a one part closer consisting of a ribbed face section which spans the open cavity and overlays the inner and outer skins of masonry. Secured behind this face is a closed cell insulating core, which is accommodated within the cavity. Integral slots to both sides of the capillary-break V shaped core housing, accept ties and secure the closer to the masonry skins. The new Type V Contract Closer permits frames to be fitted in any position within the depth of the reveal.
Closes cavity walls. Insulates reveal and acts as a DPC.
- Material, PVCU, white.
- Standard lengths: 2.1 metres, 3 metres.
- V50 suits 50mm cavity.
- V65 suits 65mm cavity.
- V75 suits 75mm cavity.
- V100 suits 100mm cavity.
- Insulating core: Closed cell polystyrene.
- Combined closer, DPC and insulation.
- Positive securing ties.
- Severe weather rating with 30mm set back.
- Very severe rating with checked reveal using formatted version.